St. Gabriel’s Secondary School in Singapore is a boy’s Roman Catholic Secondary School in Serangoon, Singapore. The school has an affiliation with St Gabriel’s Primary School and Catholic Junior College. They have three main streams of education, Express, Normal Academic and Normal Technical. The school was opened in 1953 at the junction of Hillside Drive and Upper Serangoon Road. The school’s initial intake was 212 students over 5 classes.
Forestwood Residences Lorong Lew Lian
The school’s first Secondary Four class took their Overseas School Certificate Examinations in 1959 with a pass rate of ninety percent. Due to the school nearing its full capacity by 1968, with 2000 students, the school was separated into St Gabriel’s Primary School and St Gabriel’s Secondary School in 1969 with the primary school relocating to a new building on Highland Road.
The school believes in imparting a sense of duty to God and Nation through education. The secondary school is a Government-Aided school, managed and administered by the St Gabriel’s Foundation which has taken over the running of various Gabrielite institutions in both Singapore and Malaysia. The foundation also helps those students who are of need, in hardship, and/or distress.
Lorong Lew Lian St Gabriel’s Secondary School
St. Gabriel’s Secondary School offers a wide variety of subjects and cross-curricular activities and believes in a holistic education, ensuring that the educational and spiritual needs of the students are met. The CCAs on offer include, sports, uniformed groups, performing arts, and societies and clubs. CCAs count towards the overall grade of the student upon leaving the school.
The school is located on Serangoon Avenue 1, Singapore and is within easy access of public transportation. It is only a short walk from the MRT Station. In recent years, the school has placed in the top five in various sporting activities, whilst receiving commendations and distinctions in Performing Arts and Golds, Silvers and Bronzes in Uniformed Group competitions.